[mythtv-users] Some confusion on "record weekly" schedules...

Alex Brekken brekkal at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 01:32:52 UTC 2005

Hey guys, I've got what might be an easy question regarding Myth's handling
of weekly recording schedules. I've got a "record weekly" schedule set up
for the new Battlestar Gallactica series on SciFi every Monday night,
10:00pm CDT. I've had this setup for a few weeks now, and it works great.
Today, however, I noticed that SciFi also has a Friday night at 9:00pm
showing of Battlestar, so I setup a "record weekly" schedule for that
listing as well. I've since discovered that the episode that shows on Monday
night is a repeat of the previous Friday night, or at least that what it
looks like so far. Nevertheless, I opted to keep both schedules in place,
figuring that even if they are the same episode Myth will sort that out for
me and only record one.

Looking at my schedule recordings page on Mythweb, here's what I see: for
this Friday evening (tomorrow), Myth is NOT going to record this episode and
has a code of "L" next to the showing, which apparently means it will
"record this showing at a later time instead." For Monday, Myth WILL record
that showing of Battlestar.

Now I fully understand that Myth should only record 1 of the 2 showings
since they're the exact same episode, however I can't figure out why it's
electing to record Monday's episode instead of Friday's since Friday is an
earlier date. There's no other recording happening on Friday at the same
time which would interfere. (I've got dual tuners, so that wouldn't matter
anyway) What I would expect to see is that Myth would record Friday's
episode, and skip Monday's with an indication on Monday's schedule of "P"
for "previously recorded."

Does this seem like a problem to anyone else, or am I just misunderstaning
how the behavior is supposed to work?