[mythtv-users] WinTV-PVR-500

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 9 00:32:46 UTC 2005

Check that the ivtv driver detects your PVR-500 as two
PVR-150s.  Check that you can get data from both
tuners by doing a "cat /dev/videoX > test.mpg", where
X is first 0, and then 1.  If not, then it's an ivtv
problem.

Also, check that in the MythTV setup that you used
"Tuner 0" for both /dev/video0 and /dev/video1.
Despite the fact there is a "Tuner 1" entry, it isn't
used with a PVR-500 (because the PVR-500 is seen by
the ivtv driver as two PVR-150s).

Can't help you with the LiveTV issue.  I rarely get
pauses when using it, and when I do, they're once per
half hour, or even once per hour.

-- Joe