[mythtv-users] Prompt to switch to record mode in live TV kills frontend

Matt Goebel matt at goebelnet.com
Fri Sep 9 00:00:21 UTC 2005

Whenever I am watching live TV and I get prompted that Myth wants to use the live
tuner to record and I don't chose an option (defaults to record and watch as it
records) it causes the frontend to crash.  It also causes that tuner to no longer be
available when I restart the frontend.  The backend still chugs away, it's just that
everything that gets "recorded" by that frontend just ends up being a 0 byte nuv
file and it never lets me use the tuner for live TV.  I have to stop the frontend
and restart both the master and slave backends before everything works again, then
delete the blank recordings through the frontend so they'll record again.  I haven't
tried this in debug mode yet but there are no errors otherwise in a log file I can
see.  Obviously this is quite the hassle.  Has anyone seen this and/or fixed it?  If
it makes a difference I have a cable box controlled though my serial port and the
external "channel" command I compiled from the contrib directory.