[mythtv-users] WinTV-PVR-500

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 22:08:19 UTC 2005

On 9/8/05, Steve <stgarf at gmail.com> wrote:
> Both tuners are setup in mythtv-setup, it's recording right now, and it says
> it's using all available inputs. I'm lost, I think I should remove all my
> settings and start over.

When I setup my PVR-500 initially, I had a similar problem.  When I
setup the "first PVR-150", and told it to use /dev/video0, and for the
"second PVR-150", to use /dev/video1.  With it configured this way, it
acted kinda like it knew I had two tuners, but only one was actually
usable.

As it turns out, on my system I needed to tell it to use /dev/video1
and /dev/video2 for the two tuners in my PVR-500.

I think maybe /dev/video0 was being claimed by the NTSC tuner of my
HD-3000 card.  Since I never use my HD-3000 for NTSC, it did not
initially occur to me that I needed to skip /dev/video0.

John