[mythtv-users] mythweb: HTTP_ACCEPT = */* but I only get WML, not HTML.

Ciaran ciaranj at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 08:00:41 UTC 2005

Hi,
I'm using an Orange SPV C500 phone to connect to mythweb, and for some
reason its retrieving WML, when its perfectly capable of accepting
HTML.  looking into the code, I see that browserAcceptsMediaType runs
the code:
return preg_match("#$mediaTypes#",
strtoupper($_SERVER['HTTP_ACCEPT'])) ? true : false;

I *also* know that the phone sends its HTTP_ACCEPT parameter as */*
(accept anything).  Unfortunately I don't know enough PHP to determine
whether the above preg_match statement will return true for me when
mediaTypes contains text/html.  Anyone out there know the answer to
this question, (for now I'm just returning true which works happily
for my phone, but it would be nice to solve the general case for
others! )

Cheers
--
- Ciaran
(I now have far too many G-Mail invites available, anyone who wants