[Mythtv-users] Playing recording kills frontend

Chris Henderson jchendo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 02:52:28 UTC 2005

On 9/8/05, Nick <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 08/09/05, Chris Henderson <jchendo at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have been fully enjoying the mythtv experience after 2 years for
> trying
> > to get it working (part time with VERY wrong hardware). the Wife forked
> over
> > some money for a new computer for me and mine (P3 1gig) became the BE
> along
> > with a dvico fusion dvbt card.
>
> <snip>
>
> > has anyone got any ideas?
>
> Hi Chris,
>
> 2 quick questions:
>
> i) why are you using OSS and not ALSA for audio (for ALSA, use
> 'ALSA:default' and 'default')? I'm sure Jarod's guide for FC3 uses
> ALSA.
>
> ii) do you get the same problems when watching on the backend machine
> - i.e. eliminating the frontend from the testing?
>
> I'd use very verbose logging (-vv I think) to see if there any
> messages currently not making it into the logs which might help.
>
> Nick

Thanks for the suggestions,

I thing with a bit of stuffin around i could try and watching it on the BE
(as it sits in the study with the other servers) ill try that this arvo.

as for the sound, i am not sure. the e-vectra was stubbon at first to get
going. Not sure why i a using OSS insted of ALSA. i will have a look at that
two.

And logging verbos -w how do i do that???

CH