[mythtv-users] Automatic transcoding

Alex Brekken brekkal at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 16:41:34 UTC 2005

Any chance a recording made on the master is trying to be transcoded by the
slave? (or vice-versa) I've got a master/slave backend setup, and I've
noticed that often my transcoding jobs fail because the slave tries to
process a recording that was made on the master. Looking at the backend logs
on the slave, there's a mesage that states something to the effect that
"remote" transcoding is not allowed. (unlike commercial flagging, which can
be done on any backend regardless of where the recording was made) Not sure
if this is what's happening in your case, but I've seen this bug quite
often.