[mythtv-users] Media MVP Setup Guide

Josh Owen josh_o_1 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 6 18:13:29 UTC 2005

Well I have been messing around with it for some time
now, I never had it running in Core 3, my tftp server
would always time out. So I decided to do a fresh
install of Fedora Core 4 and now I can’t even get that
close. He is what i can not figure out

1.) in Fedora Core 4 there is no dhcp.conf in the /etc
directory. If I create a new one my dhcp server will
not start. Where is this file located or what am I
doing wrong here

2.) Fedora always sets the tftp server to be a default
of off. Where is the file to turn the default to “on”

3.) I have both the donble.bin and the dongle.bin.conf
in the /tftpboot directory so if my tftp server is
running I should have to configure anything else.
Correct?

4.) Which dongle.bin.conf way are you using
 NFS configuration:
            rdate -s 192.168.10.50
            mkdir /var
            mkdir /var/myth/
            mount -t nfs -o
nolock,rsize=4096,wsize=4096,nfsvers=3
192.168.10.50:/var/myth/ /var/myth/
            mvpmc -f /etc/helvR10.fnt -s 192.168.10.50
-r /var/myth/video &

 Or standard configuration:
            rdate -s 192.168.10.50
            mvpmc -f /etc/helvR10.fnt -s 192.168.10.50
&