[mythtv-users] OT: Recommendation for a WLAN PCI card (UK-based)

Joe Orton joe at manyfish.co.uk
Tue Sep 6 07:22:58 UTC 2005

On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 01:53:14AM +0100, Nick wrote:
> Having built another backend for some spares and some new capture
> cards, I want to get it accessible via WiFi on my network (g-based).
>
> Could any UK-based users (anyone else is more than free to join in
> though) suggest any decent PCI wireless network cards, that use native
> drivers (not ndis-wrapper) that they can report work well. There seem
> to a a lot of madwifi supported cards, which would you suggest?

Note that madwifi does include a binary blob so is not a pure-GPL
solution.  I use a pair of external Linksys WET54G bridges here which
work reasonably well, I got them for £50 the pair on ebay.  One of them
stops forwarding packets about once a month or so, but I have a watchdog
script which reboots it if pinging the other side fails.

joe