[mythtv-users] LIRCD problems with FC4

Oscar Curero oscar-listas at naiandei.net
Mon Sep 5 18:40:16 UTC 2005

El Dilluns, 5 de Setembre de 2005 05:03, Myth va escriure:

> Hauppauge PVR-350 (Brand new - series 991)
> Running absolute latest version of Fedora Core
> Following step-by-step instructions from http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/
> When I get to the part that tells me to start LIRCD - nothing happens.
> I check /var/log/messages and find the following:

How do you know the serial number?

> Any ideas what I may have done wrong or where I need to check? Any help is
> much appreciated
Well, lircd can be started has a line command instead of a daemon. Check the
messages of lirc, run irw and press some buttons. If nothing happens, try
irrecord and follow the instructions, is pretty simple.

I have the same problem (running suse) and neither with irw or with irrecord I
can get any ouput. If I can solve this, I will buy a IR receiver...

--
Oscar Curero - Linux user: 306877
--    GPG keyID: 0xE0EA0B24    --