[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase errors: Can; t get channel+ no sound in mythtv

Analabha Roy hariseldon99 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 10:39:34 UTC 2005

Hi,

Running Fedora Core 3 in the following box

Intel (Thrasher motherboard) with P-4 2.6 Ghz+ 1GB RAM
Radeon 9250 Video Card (PCI) with OSS 'radeon' + 'dri' driver running
Hauppauge wintv go video capture card running on 'bttv driver' (I'm piping
the audio thru my PC's intel sound card rather than brooktree-audio, might
be relevant to my problem, I dunno)

installed mythtv-0.18.1-113.rhfc3.at <http://mythtv-0.18.1-113.rhfc3.at>
mysql-3.23.58-16.FC3.1
xmltv-0.5.40-62.rhfc3.at <http://xmltv-0.5.40-62.rhfc3.at>

I followed the instruction according to the following site:

http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/HOWTO-fc3.php

I made detailed logs (as detailed as I could) of what it is that I did
exactly. They are presented below.
I followed the instruction as religiously as I could. mythtv backend starts
up ok, and frontend also starts up, but
1. No channel info (even though I configged my login/passwd for zap2it labs
2. I can only get 1 channel (can't change them with keystrokes) and NO sound

My tv tunder card works fine in itself (I can use 'tvtime' software and
watch tv w/out probs, but mythtv is so much more versatile that I just HAVE
to have it)

No problem with the xml file at my zap2it labs account (I use tv_grab_na_dd
to download the xml file from there so that 'tvtime' can read it, and it
reads it and renders the info just fine)

I would appreciate any guidance or advice as to how I should try to fix
these problems.

The detailed logs of my installation are below:

$apt-get install mythtv-suite

httpd httpd-suexec libmyth mysql mysql-server mythbrowser mythdvd
mythgallery mythgame
mythmkmovie mythmusic mythnews mythphone mythplugins myththemes mythtv
mythtv-backend
mythtv-frontend mythtv-setup mythtv-theme-MediaCenter
mythtv-theme-MythCenter
mythtv-theme-abstract mythtv-theme-isthmus mythtv-theme-photo
mythtv-theme-purplegalaxy mythtv-theme-sleek mythtv-theme-visor
mythtv-themes
mythvideo mythweather mythweb perl-DBD-MySQL php php-mysql php-pear qt-MySQL
httpd httpd-suexec libmyth mysql mysql-server mythbrowser mythdvd
mythgallery mythgame
mythmkmovie mythmusic mythnews mythphone mythplugins myththemes mythtv
mythtv-backend
mythtv-frontend mythtv-setup mythtv-suite mythtv-theme-MediaCenter
mythtv-theme-MythCenter mythtv-theme-abstract mythtv-theme-isthmus
mythtv-theme-photo
mythtv-theme-purplegalaxy mythtv-theme-sleek mythtv-theme-visor
mythtv-themes
mythvideo mythweather mythweb perl-DBD-MySQL php php-mysql php-pear qt-MySQL
0 upgraded, 37 newly installed, 0 removed and 11 not upgraded.
Need to get 40.0MB of archives.
After unpacking 68.8MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y

blahblah... all ok so far

$/sbin/chkconfig mysqld on
$service mysqld start
Starting MySQL: [OK]

$mysql -u root mysql
ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'root at localhost' (Using password: NO)

#restarted mysqld with 'skip-grant-tables' in /etc/my.cnf, set am ampty root
pwd. Rolled back to original config w/out 'skip-grant-tables' & restarted
mysqld

$mysql -u root mysql

Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 2 to server version: 3.23.58

mysql> UPDATE user SET Password=PASSWORD('frogbutton_NOT_MY_REAL_PWD') WHERE
user='root';
Query OK, 2 rows affected (0.00 sec)
Rows matched: 2 Changed: 2 Warnings: 0

mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
mysql> quit
Bye

$mysql -u root -p < /usr/share/doc/mythtv-0.18.1/database/mc.sql
Enter password:
ERROR 1007 at line 1: Can't create database 'mythconverg'. Database exists

#Downgraded to older version of urw-fonts at
ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/core/2/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/urw-fonts-2.1-7.noarch.rpm

[Regular User]$mythtvsetup

#Now following instructions on
http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-9.html
#configged zap2it labs channel header downloader with my login & pwd

[Regular User]$mythbackend &

Seems to be running.

[Regular User]$mythfilldatabase

A whole bunch of errors like

DB Error (Inserting into dd_genre):
Query was:
INSERT INTO dd_genre (programid, class, relevance)
VALUES('SH5153420000','Special','0');
Driver error was [2/1146]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
Table 'mythconverg.dd_genre' doesn't exist

DB Error (Inserting into dd_genre):
Query was:
INSERT INTO dd_genre (programid, class, relevance)
VALUES('SH5153420000','Travel','1');
Driver error was [2/1146]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
Table 'mythconverg.dd_genre' doesn't exist

Anyhou, ran mythtvfrontend.

No sound, just 1 channel.