[mythtv-users] mythgame and xmame

Scott Rowe lscottrowe at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 03:29:19 UTC 2005

On 8/31/05, Jason Lewis <jason at organictrader.com.au> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been trying to get mythgame and xmame to play nicely together and
> I'm having a few problems.
>
> I'm really trying to build a stable system for production use in the
> living room, so I have done my best to stick with standard installs of
> everything.
>
> I have based the system on debian Testing, installed the .debs of mythtv
> 0.18.1 and the debian testing version of xmame 0.86-3. But i found that
> version if xmame didn't support lirc. So with a bit of fiddling around I
> mamange to get the 0.99 version of xmame from unstable, which works
> great with lirc, but unfortunatley it appears they have changed the
> command line options for xmame and now it won't run when its called by
> mythgame.
>
> Has anyone encountered this problem? Is there an easy solution to it?
> (ie that does not require hacking mythtv code to make it work)
>
> I'd like to avoid going to an SVN version of myth if possible.
>
> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jason

Jason, what I usually do when there's a difference between the xmame command
line args and MythGame is write a wrapper script for myth to call that
parses the command line and calls xmame with xmame's flavor of the day
command line args. (drives me nuts the way they change that every other rev,
it seems.)

Thanks,
-Scott