[mythtv-users] Best card to use - especially signal sensitivity

Stephen Kitchener stephen at g6dzj.demon.co.uk
Sun Sep 4 17:28:09 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am looking for user knowledge / experience.

I have been trying an old Hauppauge DVB-T card, and while it works fine, it
doesn't seem to have the best signal sensitivity with respect to the set-top
boxes that I have, they all perform well, with no dropouts either video or
audio, but when I am watching the same program on the PC card I get dropouts,
I am assuming that this is due to the hardware and not the software that is
driving it ???

If this is so, can someone suggest a replacement for use in the UK, either PCI
card or USB-2.

I have been looking at hauppauge's newest offering, but I have been unable to
find out if it's a better performer, signal wise, when compared to others.
Hopefully the newer offerings are better at lower signal strengths.

Does any user have any info that I can make some comparisons with ??

Any help or URL's

Steve