[mythtv-users] Upgraded to 0.18.1, having ivtv, mythfrontend problems

Mark Cooke mpc at jts.homeip.net
Sun Sep 4 01:36:52 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-09-03 at 17:34 -0700, Alex Harford wrote:
> 1) IVTV volume
>
> It wants to set the PVR-350 volume to 64845 when it starts recording a
> new show, which is causing distortion because the volume is so high.

Reduce the volume level selected in the Recording Profile for MPEG-2
Default profile and LiveTV (and Hi and low quality if you use them)

( Utils/Setup -> Setup -> TV Settings -> Recording Profiles -> MPEG-2
Encoders -> Default -> Next -> Next -> Next -> Volume % )

<snip>

> 3) Mythfrontend crashing
>
> Occasionally mythfrontend will crash when pressing the Back/Exit
> button, or when a show finished.  I'm not sure what logging options to
> enable for this one, running 'mythfrontend --verbose general' didn't
> put any useful messages in the logfile.  Any suggestions on how to
> track this down would be appreciated.

Compile with debugging symbols, and run it from GDB.  Submit a backtrace
of the crash.  The mail archive has more details.

Cheers,

Mark