[mythtv-users] Best deal on premade lirc receivers?

David Ellis david at ellisonline.ca
Sat Sep 3 05:58:29 UTC 2005

Its generally a bad idea to use multiple ir devices on a single machine.

It is possible to chain lirc (have two instances of lirc - one for receive
one for transmit) but I wasn't able to get it to stabilize........it was
also a MAJOR pain to setup.

My suggestion would be to get a IR device that receives and transmits (I use
the USB UIRT www.usbuirt.com) which allows you to send and receive with the
same device and Lirc Instance. Once you have your device - they generally
work with ANY remote - use irrecord to setup the remote of your choice.

If all your interested in receiving IR commands - your audigy is probably
supported (do a google search for audigy LIRC).

David