[mythtv-users] Live TV across two different video sources

Andrew Meredith andrew at anvil.org
Fri Sep 2 16:04:46 UTC 2005

Hi Folks,

I have two linked machines running MythTV. One is in close proximity to
the Sky box. I have two Video sources, Analogue and SkyBox. As I can
only record one channel at a time on the SkyBox, I have excluded the 5
terrestrial channels from this one and put them on the two PVR250 cards
on the other MythTV machine. So it goes like this:

Machine 1 -- 2 x PVR250 on "Analogue" video source
Machine 2 -- 1 x PVR350 on "SkyBox" video source

Analogue has BBC 1 & 2, ITV 1, Channel 4 & Channel 5
SkyBox has Sky channels but not the ones on "Analogue"

I can record quite happily off either video source. Both sets of
channels come up together in the program guides. mythfilldatabase fills
in the program data for both video sources quite happily.

However, if I go to LiveTV I am limited to the channels on the card that
I get given for that LiveTV session. ie if I land on a card in machine
1, I cannot change to any Sky channels. If I land on the card in machine
2, I cannot change to the 5 terrestrial channels.

If I use the up and down arrows to browse, it will only browse through
other channels on that card, jumping over the ones it doesn't have. If I
select from the LiveTV based listings screen, it simply ignores the
selection unless it is another of that card's channels.

I am going to making the situation even worse as soon as I can get my
DVB-T card to function properly as that will be a new video source
called FreeView :)

Am I missing something, or is this a systemic problem.

Cheers

Andy M

             Andrew Meredith BEng CEng CITP MBCS MIEE
                   The Anvil Organisation Ltd.
                           Director
Tel: +44 (0) 1249 444240       Email:          andrew at anvil.org
Mob: +44 (0) 7802 389007       Web:       http://www.anvil.org/
       Need a Systems Administrator, just not a whole one?
     Try our "As you need it" support and training services.