[mythtv-users] Odd issue when skipping forward in recordings

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Fri Sep 2 03:41:31 UTC 2005

On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 01:39:10AM +0000, Brian Wallen wrote:
> Sorry about the below html.  Hotmail sucks.  Anyway,  I stopped using
> samba, but the same thing is still happening.  They are from a pvr-350
> using the ivtv driver.  How do I make sure my tables are ok?

I use a PVR-250 and have only seen this problem once.  I think it's a
code issue and not a database problem.  In my case I was watching a
movie and (IIRC) left it paused for a long time.  When I resumed it
would no longer skip commercials but instead gave the familiar "At End"
message as if it was in the last segment before the end of the show.
When I used "i" to see the position information it showed the current
position and total length as the same running amount (Position 00:34:01
/ 00:34:01, Position 00:34:02 / 00:34:02, etc.).  I cancelled the
playback and restarted it and the problem never recurred.  I'm using 0.18
on a Debian back-end and Xebian front-end.