[mythtv-users] safely exposing mythweb to the net.

John P. Hoke john.hoke at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 00:07:21 UTC 2005

On 9/1/05, Marty Ravell <mythtv at rave-tech.com.au> wrote:

>  Would it be possible perhaps to use the firewall's Apache to talk to the
> Myth box for MythWeb? Does the MythWeb web server need to be on the same
> machine as the MythTV installation?

Take a look at apache's reverse proxy features... I use them for a number of
things in the same situation as you are in... This way you can have MythWeb
on the MythTV box, but access it via the existing firewall/webserver

Google "Apache Reverse Proxy" for starters and if I find a decent HowTo I
will send it out :)
-john

--
John P. Hoke