[mythtv-users] MythTV CVS / FC4

Donavan Stanley geckofiend at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 17:09:09 UTC 2005

On 9/1/05, Brian C. Huffman <huffman at graze.net> wrote:

> All,
>
> I've just upgraded to FC4 and used Jarod's documentation. Following the
> upgrade, I built mythtv from CVS and I'm having some problems. Hopefully
> either
> some developers or users with similar experience can shed some light:
>
> 1) I'm using the minimalist theme and am running 480p (actually the
> "880x480in540p mode"). Fonts don't look quite like I'd expect in numerous
> places. In mythweather, on the first page where it shows current temp, the
> bottom of the numbers for the temperature is cut off. In the Video
> Manager, the
> titles are two close together, almost overlapping and I believe the last
> title
> in the window is on top of the border line. The same thing (last title
> over
> border) happens in mythmusic.

Minimalist was designed for 720p (1280x720), since you're running at a lower
resolution the fonts get scaled (way) up. Running at 100dpi should help
though.

2) Also in the minimalist theme - are there supposed to be images / icons
> missing? When I go into settings -> media -> video, there are no icons at
> all.
> Perhaps this is something that I can resolve...I've already played around
> little with the icons in mythweather.

Minamalist isn't quite done. I'm toying with the idea of dumping ALL the
icons.

3) (Off topic): I am using KDE and have removed the "Autorun" from the
> startup,
> however it seems that something is taking control of my /dev/dvd b/c after
> playing a DVD or after playing a CD, I can not manually eject the CD /
> DVD. I
> can login and type eject and that works.

Why are you running KDE for a Myth box? Lots of overhead and startup delays
for zero benefit.

4) (Off topic): I use xine for my DVD (and now video) playback. The
> commandline that I'm using for DVDs is: "xine -pfqh --no-splash dvd://".
> When I
> play a DVD, when I hit the exit button ( "q" in xine ), the screen freezes
> and
> xine does not exit. I have to manually "kill -9" on xine to get it to
> exit.

Might want to try the xine folks...