[mythtv-users] NVidia TV-Out, how high can I set my expectations

Chad Johnson chadjamesjohnson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 21:11:15 EST 2005

On 10/31/05, Neil <mythtv-users at rackle.com> wrote:
> Does the interference persist even when you pause video?  If so, the
> interference is likely coming from your computer.  If the interference
> also pauses when you pause the video, then the problem is likely
> caused by the coax connection to your tuner card, if that's what you
> are using for input.

Yes, the interference persists when the video is paused.  So that
seems to reinforce the theory that its either the video card or other
hardware creating the interference

> You might want to find out if there is digital cable in your area, and
> if so, compare the 5200's tv-out with someone's digital cable box.  I
> find that although my myth box's quality is worse than analog cable,
> it's right on par with what I see on other digital cable sets (which
> is not great, IMO).

Ya know what, if it wasn't for this "interference" I would agree the
5200 would be on par with Digital Cable (which I had 6 months ago)
which  would be plenty good quality for me.

I think I'm going to try my luck with another 5200 and if that fails
give an ATI card a try.