[mythtv-users] Script to patch up guide data

Preston Crow pc-mythtv05b at crowcastle.net
Mon Oct 31 20:36:17 EST 2005

I've been frustrated that Comedy Central doesn't have the episode
information for all of the South Park and Daily Show episodes.  If I
tell it to keep the latest Daily Show episode, it doesn't know which
ones are new.

Fortunately, the guide data at comedycentral.com has all the needed
information.  Hence, I wrote a script that fills in the data for me
after mythfilldatabase completes (I run both from the same cron job).

I would like feedback on any improvements that I should make to the
script.  (If someone thinks it is useful enough to go in the contrib
directory, that would be cool.)

--PC