[mythtv-users] Multiple Systems - Multiple Remotes

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 15:49:03 EST 2005

I can't stop building MythTV systems-
each one is a combination Backend/Frontend combination.

So, I need a separate remote control device for each,
and have chosen ATI Remote Wonder RF units.

Each remote can be configured to a unique "unit code ID".
My question is how to configure the kernel module, lirc_atiusb,
in each individual MythTV system so it responds only to its own
specific remote.  Have you done this?  It doesn't look too hard
to do, just from reading through the source code for lirc_atiusb.c.

I'm just hoping to shorten the trial-and-error period
of experimenting with the source code for lirc_atiusb.c.
So if you have any experience with multiple ATI Remote Wonder RF
units and would be willing to share what you did, please post a reply.

Thanks.

--
MM