[mythtv-users] Help Diskless frontend

Alberto Alonso sp-23856721 at ggsys.net
Mon Oct 31 12:29:21 EST 2005

You may have seen my references to using a diskless
base using Knoppmyth.

Currently I'm still trying to fix a few things, in particular
large memory usage which I don't know where it comes from.

The setup is an Epia M6000 (fanless), which has MPEG 2 decoder
built in. It also has PXE capabilities, so I don't have to use
etherboot.

I installed Knoppmyth while a HD was attached to it (Knoppmyth
R5A16 has been the only thing so far where I've got the Epia
working with hardware accel. and matching my back end) Then
I copied the install to the NFS server, did a new kernel
and got a working system.

Once the problems are fixed, I want to write some more
detailed documentation, but for now I can answer specific
questions.

I guess this is a good time to ask, how many people would want
that kind of document?

Hope this helps,

Alberto