[mythtv-users] Mythtv on Xbox

Ben Dash ben_dash at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 31 10:58:42 EST 2005

Thanks!

I don't think my lirc is at the point where I can
start configuring it for mythtv.  I can't get it to
recognise anything from the remote with the irw test
app yet.

I try the ~/.mythtv/lircrc file and let you know.

I'm using the atiusb driver for lirc.  I heard that
this was supposed to work for the xBox remote, is that
correct?

Nothing looks immediately obviously bad in dmesg.

Please let me know if you have any other ideas and
what info you'd like me to post.

Thanks,

Ben

--- Myth Lists <mlists at dressler.ca> wrote:

> Ben Dash wrote:
>
> >N0rm
> >
> >I'm just finishing off a gentoo mythfrontend xBox
> and
> >am running into problems with lirc for the DVD
> remote.
> > Unfortunately I didn't have any problem with
> themes
> >in my setup, although I had a load of problems
> trying
> >to get 2.4.31 kernel to work before throwing in the
> >towel and going for a 2.6.12.5 kernel instead.
> >
> >If you manage to get your DVD remote working with
> lirc
> >please could you tell me know what you did?
> >
> >If you need to know anything about my setup please
> let
> >me know,
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >Ben
> >

> Hey Ben -- take a look a the attached lircrc -- I
> simply put it in the
> /home/live/.mythtv directory and it worked.
>
> Because you are running a Gentoo, you might have to
> emerge lirc, which I
> assume you have done already and set up the lircd to
> startup at boot.
> Verify its running before you start the frontend.
>
> Norm
> > # ~/.mythtv/lircrc
> #
> # MythTV native LIRC config file for
> # the Microsoft DVD remote
> #
> # By Dennis Cartier 2004/05/01
> #
> # Amalgamated from Jarod Wilson's,
> # Amalgamated from Jeff Campbell's,
> # .lircrc, the mythtv.org docs, and
> # a few touches of my own. :)
> #
>
> # Up
> begin
> prog = mythtv
> button = UP
> repeat = 4
> config = Up
> end
>
> # Down
> begin
> prog = mythtv
> button = DOWN
> repeat = 4
> config = Down
> end
>
> # Fast forward (30 sec default)
> begin
> prog = mythtv
> button = RIGHT
> repeat = 4
> config = Right
> end
>
> # Rewind (5 sec default)
> begin
> prog = mythtv
> button = LEFT
> repeat = 4
> config = Left
> end
>
> # Skip forward (10 min default)
> begin
> prog = mythtv
> button = FORWARD
> repeat = 4
> config = PgDown
> [...]
=== message truncated ===>

|Ben Dash                                           |
|Ask free questions - http://bensqanda.blogspot.com |
|My Blog -    http://bensdailythoughts.blogspot.com |
|Info -  http://bensinformationstation.blogspot.com |
|Workouts -        http://bensworkouts.blogspot.com |