[mythtv-users] Window Managers - Success with "ratpoison" instead of kde

Ben Dash ben_dash at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 31 10:45:11 EST 2005

You could always set up a WiFi ethernet bridge thing,
then you don't need to worry about wires.

Alternatively you could get yourself an ethernet
crossover caple and plug your laptop or other admin PC
in directly.  When you're not doing admin just unplug
the cample.  No hub required a la the cross over.

I'd go for the WiFi bridge though personally.  Less
trouble than a WiFi car if you already have an
ethernet card set up.  Just set to static IP so you
don't need a DHCP server.

Ben

--- Cory Papenfuss <papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu> wrote:

> > ah, well, there is that too ;-)  Do you have
> another linux computer you could
> > SSH into your mythtv box with? Minus a network
> problem you can run anything
> > from the MythTV box and have it output to the
> other linux machine.
> >
>  	It's complicated... :)  There's not always a hot
> network the way
> things are set up.  Roomate/landlord is an uber
> neat-freak... 'nuff said.
>
> -Cory
>
> --

> * Cory Papenfuss
>                    *
> * Electrical Engineering candidate Ph.D. graduate
> student               *
> * Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State
> University                   *

|Ben Dash                                           |
|Ask free questions - http://bensqanda.blogspot.com |
|My Blog -    http://bensdailythoughts.blogspot.com |
|Info -  http://bensinformationstation.blogspot.com |
|Workouts -        http://bensworkouts.blogspot.com |