[mythtv-users] Better looking playback?

MacNean Tyrrell dardack at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 20:14:33 EST 2005

On 10/30/05, Steve Hodge <stevehodge at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/31/05, MacNean Tyrrell <dardack at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have a nvidia geforce 5200, using svideo out. Mythtv looks sharp and
> very
> > nice looking. However playback is still not that great. Not really sharp
> > like the menu. I've played with the XV picture color controls, and tried
> > kernel, bob, and liner deinterlacing techniques and nothing looks as
> sharp
> > as that.
>
> Have you tried nvida-settings? A friend of mine was similarly unhappy
> with the playback picture sharpness and was a lot happier after
> increasing the sharpness in nvidia-settings.

Yep, found that while searching the list. Used it. A lot of it was the same
as i had done with the XV controls in mythtv, some was different, but
generally didn't improve the playback that much. I mean some of the letters
and numbers say on a football game don't look correct, espn ticker looks a
little off, it's just not as clear as regular tv or even my original TV, is
all.

Steve

Sincerely,

MacNean C. Tyrrell