[mythtv-users] A warning about Samsung HDDs

Todd nospam at tippyturtle.com
Sun Oct 30 19:46:50 EST 2005

I am sure this is going to sound like I am some type of employee...but oh
well, I am not...

I have always used Seagate drives and had extremely good luck.  I started
using them because they were the first IDE drives to run 7200rpm at
2-3bels...dead silent in comparison to the other drives 5 years ago.  I
believe they last longer than most because:
1.  I still haven't had a Seagate die on me (I am sure there is a bunch luck
in there)...and I have, over the years had serious issues with WD, IBM.
Maxtor, Fujitsu and others.
2.  Seagate has consistently had LONGER warrantee periods.  I think they
others are now matching Seagate, but even when it was in vogue to leave your
customers high and dry with 1 year _from_time_of_build_ warrantees, Seagate
had 3 year from purchase.  I assume they are trusting their drives to live
that long because the design them to.

...ok, now start the long threads of "I was screwed by Seagate."  :-)

Todd