[mythtv-users] Better looking playback?

Robert Denier denier at umr.edu
Sun Oct 30 19:11:23 EST 2005

I've no idea as to that particular tv.  In general you want in order of
best to worst.

1) DVI connections at the full resolution of your TV's DLP element
running non interlaced, but that may not work due to DVI limitations.

2) If the previous doesn't then you might try a plain VGA connection at
the full resolution, or as close as you can handle.  (1920x1080p)?

3) DVI interlaced at 1920x1080i or DVI with ~720p.  I'm not sure which
will be better here..

In general find a way to use a better connection than S-video if you
have a TV that fancy.  Component is another options, but using DVI or
regular VGA is probably the way to go.  This is not a new topic, so I
rather suspect a search of old messages might be useful..