[mythtv-users] Question about Firewire and Digital Cable

Michael Tiller michael.tiller at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 18:08:44 EST 2005

I'm interested in finding a digital cable receiver that will allow me to
stream (via firewire) directly to my MythTV box. I just called WOW and they
said that they provide Scientific Atlanta 3100/3200 boxes. They seemed
somewhat vague about *exactly* what they provided. If I get really serious,
I'll try to pin them down, but that isn't my question...

I notice that people talk about 3250's as having firewire ports. But, what
the guy from WOW said was that they had to license these ports in order to
use them and that WOW does not license them. The bottom line (at least
according to him) is that there is no way to use a firewire port on a
receiver even if your receiver has such a port.

Does this sound right? Anybody with WOW (ideally in SE Michigan :-) care to
comment?

Thanks a bunch if you can confirm (or even better, refute) this information.

--
Mike