[mythtv-users] DVB-S Users: Anyone have C-band?

Greg Grotsky spikeygg at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 17:50:10 EST 2005

I currently have a DVB-T setup with MythTV working using the HD-3000 and I
like it alot. I've been thinking lately that it would be really cool to have
a satellite hookup and access to many more than just the 6-7 local ATSC
channels. I checked out the zap2it config for satellite C-band and 4DTV
channels, they are both loaded with stations.

I did some research about doing C-band (8' dish) and I'm wondering how does
one control the actuators on the dish in order to point it at different
satellites? All the acutator control information and tuned channel data
doesn't come down the same coax cable, does it? Is the DiSEqC thing what is
used to control the actuators?

Thanks,
-Greg