[mythtv-users] basic mythvideo question

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Sun Oct 30 13:36:52 EST 2005

On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 11:58:44AM -0500, Paul McKellar wrote:
> So i have everything working.  But i'm confused as to the intent of
> mythvideo.  Is it meant to stream files to multiple FEs or just play
> whatever you have locally.

It can do one or the other, but not both.  The MythVideo and MythMusic
modules have associated setup pages where you specify the path to the
A/V storage.  If that path is local then you play local content.  Most
of us (I assume) collect all our A/V and put it on a SMB or NFS share
and then use that same mount point for all of our FEs.  I'm using NFS.