[mythtv-users] Getting MythTV to recognize existing AVIs

Dewey Smolka dsmolka at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 10:28:37 EST 2005

> I am guessing that somewhere I have to tell MythTV what title to search
> for, and to explicitly tell it to populate the information.... But where?

Setup -> Video Manager

Select a title and press 'i'. Then, Search IMDB. You may need to
select the film you want from a list or specify the IMDB number
manually if IMDB doesn't recognize the title from the filename. Eg if
your filename is godfather.avi, you will be prompted to select the
right one (I, II, or III); if your filename is something like
godfather-001-divx.avi, it will not be recognized. You will need
either to edit the metadata from the same menu, or manually enter the
IMDB number.