[mythtv-users] spdif working but not passthrough - AV-710

Byron Poland wpoland at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 20:10:49 EDT 2005

I have a chaintech AV-710,  I am just setting it up, and used the
asound.conf from knoppmyth's dragon setup since it uses this card.

I got spdif output working but want to enable passthrough because all
my recordings are HD and have AC3 or 5.1 Surround sound.

Despite getting the spdif working (with device set to ALSA:spdif),
when I check the "Enable AC3 to SP/DIF Passthrough" I get no sound.

I've searched the archives and tried anything I could find.

Setting the device to ALSA:plug:iec978 with "Enable ... Passthrough"
checked gets me a loud buzzing sound.  Other then that I get no
sounds.

I'm at a loss as to what to try now.

Thanks.