[mythtv-users] how can i turn off autotranscode

Reza Naima reza at reza.net
Sat Oct 29 18:31:57 EDT 2005

I used to transcode mpeg2 (pvr) -> mpeg4, however, given the file nuv format
is useless with anything but mythtv, I wen to the recoridng profiles and
turned off all the transcoding options.  This seemed to take effect for
the newly scheduled recorded shows, however, the older scheduled shows
(ones that I scheduled to record before I turned off the transcode)
seemed to still get transcoded for some reason.  I looked through all
the menus and couldn't find any other relevant options.

However, after digging in the database schema, I came accross an entry
called 'autotranscode' in the table 'record' that was active for
numerous shows.

I fixed this via the DB, but I wanted to know how I could control this
option via the GUI?

Thanks!
Reza