[mythtv-users] frontend connects to localhost not what mysql specifies

Paul McKellar socialmoth.blog at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 16:43:07 EDT 2005

yes, they can connect to the mysql database.  the laptop has
192.168.1.6   the knoppmyth frontend is not on right now.  Both were
able to get the program guide from teh mysql database so i would
assume hte network is not at fault.

i've done the networking things for mysql.  i can connect to mysql
from the laptop using
./mysql -u mythtv -p mythconverg -h 192.168.1.4

and see the remote database.  the frontend also appears to connect
because it doesn't give me any errors.  is it when it tried to connect
to the mythbackend daemon that it appears to fail. The ip which it is
using is localhost istead of what is in mysql.

Paul