[mythtv-users] DVD Playback Errors - Region 2

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 15:49:39 EDT 2005

On 29/10/05, Nick Parkinson <nickparkinson at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am having trouble with DVD playback.  I am running
> Knoppmyth R5A22 and have the latest version of
> libdvdread 3/css installed.  I have tried
> using regionset - set to region 2 but without success.
>  I have a Panasonic UJ845 CDRW/DVDRW slimline device.
>
> I find that most DVD's, particularly newer ones,   get
> as far as the splash screen and then crash before the
> Main Menu.  Some DVD's work fine though.

Please don't include the digest message in your post!

I know a number of Panasonic/Matsushita RPC2 drives cannot be
'unlocked' once they have been locked to a particular region. If you
can watch some of your region 2 discs but not others, it's not this
problem, but if region 1 discs play OK but region 2 discs don't, it's
a least a good candidate. RCE discs can also pose problems with some
drives.

Nick