[mythtv-users] MythTV Frontend doesn't show on the TV

Martin H Hartman III hartman9 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 28 23:35:29 EDT 2005

Nick,

I found the problem and have fixed it, it was the frame buffer setting in my
xorg.conf.  I do have another question if anybody knows how?  I would like
to run Dual Heads without any aspect ratio or desktop showing issues on the
TV.  I have looked at most of the threads on the issue but most of them are
quite dated.  Anybody running dual heads in FC4 with a PVR-350 using the
output on said card I would greatly appreciate your help.  BTW my regular
video card is an ATI 9600 XT.

> I am running FC4 with a PVR-350.  I can go into the MythTV frontend and
> click on Watch TV and that pipes out to the TV and I can do everything
> fine.
>  My problem is that the MythTV Frontend doesn't show at all on the TV but
> on
> my PC monitor.

Let me guess - the desktop also shows on your monitor? If this is the
case, you need to make sure you are using the PVR-350 X driver to
ensure everything appears on the TV. The way you are running now makes
me think you are running everything on the monitor, but, having
selected 'Use PVR-350' in frontend setup, LiveTV and recordings are
being correctly routed through the PVR-350 to your TV.

Nick