[mythtv-users] Looking to get a remote

Marcel Janssen korgull at home.nl
Fri Oct 28 11:47:48 EDT 2005

On Thursday 27 October 2005 05:01, Jon Solomon wrote:
> Anyone have any suggestions about what kind of remote I should get for my
> new frontend?

If you want to get a high-end remote, I suggest the Philips (or Marantz)
Pronto which comes in various types. See : http://www.pronto.philips.com

My setup for a Pronto ru890 can be seen here :
http://members.home.nl/mphm.janssen/linuxvideo/software/pronto/pronto.html

The advantage is that the buttons can be given their own icons and therefore
each function can be recognized far more easier than with a conventional
remote. Plus you have the advantage to automatically jump between menus,
which is quite nice when you select a video from mythTV and xine/mplayer
starts that automatically the main controls for that video player pop up.

Check ebay for a second hand one and the price may even be acceptable (I found
one for 75Euro).

Regards,
Marcel