[mythtv-users] Re: An LVM'd drive died! What do I do...

Jonathan Markevich mythtv at jonandtina.net
Thu Oct 27 13:40:24 EDT 2005

It happened to me.  I got a new Maxtor 120GB drive, joined my existing
puny 30G partition and... a week later it konked out.  I lost it all...
I couldn't restore or mount or anything, since the majority of the data
was on the dead drive.  I believe I tried the -P switch but late enough
that it was too trashed  to do anything with

I'm wondering why Myth doesn't output to a set of paths, instead of
demanding only one (even virtualized) monster directory.  Has anyone
considered this?  Would it be reasonable?

I have in my todo list a cron-run script to "age" recordings to another
path and drop a symlink in the original directory.  Shouldn't be too
hard but it's a long todo list, though, and this is way down there... :)