[mythtv-users] Re: mythtv-suite-0.18.1-55.at on x86_64 - mythfrontend SEGV

Kevin Damour kdamour2 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 27 03:17:10 EDT 2005

Hello Axel,

   New to the MythTV community and first posting to the mailing list
(hopefully I get this right).

   I am having the same problem with my AMD64 machine and thought I would
check if there was a solution besides rebuilding the application. My
mythfrontend is 0.18.1.20050523-1 and I used yum install for the
mythtv-suite. The OS is FC4 and 2.6.13-1.1526_FC4_HD5000 (kernel mod'ed for
new Air2pc cards following http://www.hd5000.com/viewtopic.php?t=3 ).
Running x86_64 frontend and backend on a single box.

   Using the workaround listed above, I had to remove a number of the addons
and was able to start up mythfrontend.

  Is there some debug information I can provide to help track this down for
x86_64 machines?

   Thank you for any suggestions,

        - kevin