[mythtv-users] missing /dev/dri

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Oct 26 11:55:01 EDT 2005

Cyber Source wrote:

> I seem to be missing /dev/dri using a pvr-350 with an nvidia card as
> the myth is bitching about this and i only get a blank screen when
> recording, I can watch tv OK. Any ideas, TIA

I didn't respond to your other post (
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/156907?#156907 ) last
night because I couldn't figure out what you're talking about and was
hoping someone else would interpret your question better than me.

So, what do you mean by, "i only get a blank screen when recording?"
Recording is done by the backend and the backend does not affect the
screen (the mythfrontend /is/ the screen).

Do you mean, "When playing back recordings, I only see a blank screen?"
Or, perhaps, "My system records only black with no audio, and I've
verified this by playing a recording on another computer with another
media player?"  Or, something different?

Mike