[mythtv-users] 150 or 150MCE

Erik Pettersen pettersen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 10:58:40 EDT 2005

On 10/16/05, Carl Fongheiser <carlfongheiser at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/16/05, Joe Votour <joevph at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > There is a "kit" of the PVR-150MCE that comes with an
> > MCE remote, versus the regular retail PVR-150 that
> > comes with the Hauppauge remote.  How this would be at
> > retail, well, I don't know, I would think it would be
> > more of an OEM or "white box" thing.
>
>  No, I deliberately meant to say retail -- it was sold in a printed box
> labelled "WinTV PVR-150 Media Center Kit."  It's now available at most Best
> Buy stores for $119.
>
>  Carl Fongheiser

I think for the purposes of the initial poster they are referring to
the PVR150 MCE (model 1042) which is pretty much an OEM white box
PVR150 with FM radio, RCA audio jacks, no IR chips/jack, and no
included remote/blaster.

The PVR150 retail edition (model 1045) comes with a remote/Ir blaster,
has a 1/8" stereo minijack for audio input (*sigh*), and a pretty
box/warranty.

There is, as Carl points out a new model 1062 retail "kit" which is a
PVR150MCE card with a MCE compatible/certified USB IR
remote/blaster/etc... designed for MCE 2005.

To the original poster... If you just need the card itself and have no
need for the remote control/blaster or have designs on other
remote/etc... the pvr150MCE is pretty much "driver compatible" with
the retail edition and you can save yourself a few bucks.

e.
--
http://www.byopvr.com