[mythtv-users] Freeze when deleting program

Steve Pugh stevepugh at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 26 10:43:32 EDT 2005

--- chris at cpr.homelinux.net wrote:
> I converted my system to XFS on (software) RAID-5
> when I
> installed MythTV and it's been rock-solid.  The box
> also
> hosts IMAP, SMB, VNC and Apache2 servers, and has
> never
> seemed to have any problem deleting large files
> while
> recording.  Both mythweb and the remote front-end
> seem to
> come back almost instantly even when deleting files
> in the
> 6-8 Gb range.

Hello all, it is now Wednesday, and I converted my
200GB 'recordings' partition to XFS on Saturday.
Since then, I have had *zero* freezes when deleting
programs from the Myth interface, and *zero* freezes
when deleting from Mythweb.  As Chris said, response
is positively zippy after deletes.

This includes deletes from both the Interface and
Mythweb while no tuners, one tuner, and both tuners
were active, and deletes of shows currently recording
at the time.

Pleased as punch, I am, and I thank everyone who
helped to steer me toward this conclusion.

Best,
      Steve