[mythtv-users] Installing projectX from source?

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Tue Oct 25 23:53:25 EDT 2005

> On 10/25/05, Steve Adeff <adeffs at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tuesday 25 October 2005 20:36, Robin Gilks wrote:
>> > Greetings
>> >
>> > I'm having a go at mythburn but having problems installing projectx as
>> > use Gentoo so have no nicely packaged system.
>> >
>> > Looks like projectx was removed from portage about 3 months ago so I
>> > wonder is anyone has an ebuild for the latest or a wrapper that will
>> get
>> > rid of the 'can't find common-net library' errors.
>> >
>> > Cheers
>>
>> projectX is java so download the java sdk and run the command they tell
>> you to
>> run and it will compile.
>>
>> Steve
> Java is platform independant - it doesn't need to be compiled.
> Just install the Java runtime: http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/java.xml
> then download the projectx.jar file and run java -jar projectx.jar
>
> Dave

But projectx doesn't come as a jar file - it comes as a bunch of .java
files that are compiled by the sdk into a jar file - that step works fine.
What I can't get right is where do I put the library files it depends on
that are created during the 'compile' step. Does java have a seperate
search path that it uses to hunt out missing bits?

Sounds to me like everyone who has suceeded with this is running an rpm
distro :-((

--
Robin Gilks