[mythtv-users] Mythweb listings painfully slow?

Al Puzzuoli apuzzuoli at comcast.net
Tue Oct 25 22:51:23 EDT 2005

Hi all,
I am a newbie to Myth(TV) but finally have things up and running on a FC4 box.  The system is reasonably fast, an Intel 2.5GHZ with 512 megs of ram.  However, when I attempt to access Mythweb from other machines on the network, the process of opening the channel listings on the main page is painfully slow.   I only have about 100 channels in my lineup and I've never been patient enough to wait for the page to open completely.  I usually stop loading after about 5 minutes or so and by that time, I only get the first 15 or 20 channels.
As indicated, I'm new to Myth and Apache as well so am not sure where to begin troubleshooting.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

--Al