[mythtv-users] EPG in Australia?

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Tue Oct 25 19:40:28 EDT 2005

How do you use the OzTivo guide in MythTV?  The two tv_grab_au scripts I
have tried so far have huge gaps, are often plain wrong and dont cover
all the available channels.  I realise its mostly not the scripts fault,
but the source material thats the problem - but what script makes the
best of whats available for Perth?

BillK

On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 18:30 +1000, Phill Edwards wrote:
> > In Australia only the now and next information is sent via EIT as the
> > stations have copyrighted the programme guide data that they use. All of the
> > online guides are copyrighted with disclaimers specifically against any use
> > of the data in PVR's.
> >
> > As far as I am aware there is only one legal way to get programme guide data
> > in Australia and this is via us at IceTV.
> >

> I don't think that's correct. The other way is to use the OzTivo guide
> data which does not have copyright issues. And it's free, unlike
> IceTV's data.
>
> Regards,
> Phill
Home!