[mythtv-users] audio/video stutter

tgate tgate at mypublic.net
Tue Oct 25 17:01:18 EDT 2005

> Most of the useful information had scrolled off
> the screen, but there were some messages about resetting
> the IDE and some "drive not ready" errors. I checked SMART
> and everything was fine.

This started me wondering...

I also get this warning:
   ivtv: Encoder revision: 0x02040024
   ivtv warning: Encoder Firmware can be buggy, use version
0x02040011!!!!

I am using two hard drives (1 IDE and 1 SATA) as a logical volume.

when I check with smartctl ( /usr/sbin/smartctl -l /dev/hda ) I get
this response:

_______________________
SMART Error Log:
SMART Error Logging Version: 1
Error Log Data Structure Pointer: 05
ATA Error Count: 19
Non-Fatal Count: 0

-snip-

[ and then 5 Error Log Structures each with Error Confition: 3 and
Error State: 0 ]

In trying to understand this better I started to read about a 48 bit
log and a 16 bit log and how using one with the other will not work
and quite honestly I didn't understand a word of it.  But dmesg
reports my "Boot video device is 0000:05:00.0" and I'm wondering if
that "05" and the "05" from the smart report are one and the same.

By now you can tell I'm not an expert.  My hope is someone can
recognize enough from this picture that they can point me in the
right direction.

Haven't looked into the firmware version yet.