[mythtv-users] program guide font size

Todd nospam at tippyturtle.com
Tue Oct 25 14:08:57 EDT 2005

Although the FAQ is technically correct; think of the use-case.  "Monitor
Size" for X is generally with your face 2 feet from the screen.  What is the
"Monitor Size" when you are 30 feet away (to your eye)?

Here is what the "Monitor" section of my XFree86-4 looks like:
 # Little Text
 # DisplaySize     400 300
 # DisplaySize     360 270
 # DisplaySize     320 240
 # DisplaySize     280 210
 # DisplaySize     240 180
 DisplaySize     200 150
 # DisplaySize     160 120
 # DisplaySize     120 90
 # DisplaySize     80 60
 # DisplaySize     40 30
 # HUGE Text

I just uncomment out different lines until it is "just right".  Each TV in
my house used a different line to be just right.  It is a balancing act, I
would be amazed at any system that work at 40x30!...be somewhere between
both ends will be just right for you.

Hope that helps,
Todd