[mythtv-users] MythTV on Slackware 10.2 using DVB-T Video Card

Martin Nicholson martin.nicholson at philips.com
Tue Oct 25 09:41:12 EDT 2005

Hi,

I am fairly new to Linux, I have used Ubuntu before and now have a PC with
Slackware 10.2 on it. I was hoping some of you may have succeeded where I
have failed and could help me. Any help will be much appreciated.

I am trying to install MythTV 0.18.1 on Slackware 10.2. The problem is I
have a Hauppage WinTV Nova-T DVB-T PCI card. This is the new card with the
Conexant cx2388x chipset. I updated the kernel to 2.6.13, which was on CD2
of Slackware 10.2.

This kernel is supposed to support this card and I think it might because
when I run "lsmod | grep dvb" I get the following:

x88_dvb 6916 0
mt352 6148 1 cx88_dvb
or51132 9732 1 cx88_dvb
video_buf_dvb 4484 1 cx88_dvb
dvb_core 71848 1 video_buf_dvb
lgdt330x 7324 1 cx88_dvb
cx22702 5636 1 cx88_dvb
dvb_pll 7940 3 cx88_dvb,or51132,cx22702
cx8802 8708 2 cx88_dvb,cx88_blackbird
cx88xx 51744 4 cx8800,cx88_dvb,cx88_blackbird,cx8802
video_buf 17156 6
cx8800,cx88_dvb,video_buf_dvb,cx88_blackbird,cx8802,cx88xx
i2c_core 16656 9
cx88_dvb,mt352,or51132,lgdt330x,cx22702,cx88xx,i2c_algo_bit,tveeprom,i2c_viapro

I am no expert but doesn't this show that the drivers are loaded?

I have followed the guide given on the MythTV site and am now trying to
install it. When I run ./configure it says "DVB Support: no" which I am
assuming is not correct. So I manually use ./configure --enable-dvb. Then
I do the qmake mythtv.pro and make and make install. It won't install if I
do this; it seems to do a make again even when I type make install.

Under /dev I have:
dvb0.demux0
dvb0.dvr0
dvb0.frontend0
dvb0.net0
video -> video0
video0 -> v4l/video0
video1
video2
video3
/v4l/vbi0
/v4l/video0

What has gone wrong? Is it me just being stupid?

Thanks
Martin