[mythtv-users] EPG in Australia?

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 05:06:59 EDT 2005

On 10/25/05, Daniel Hall <daniel.hall at icetv.com.au> wrote:
> Well actually, what I said is correct. When you say people are 'trying' to
> copyright the guide data this is not fully true, it *IS* copyrighted data,
> just because a piece of work is published online does not mean it cannot be
> copyrighted.

If the situation in Oz is similar to the one in NZ then the
broadcasters are *claiming* that the guide data is copyrighted (and
copyrightable) but not everyone agrees. One of the major newspaper
owners (Fairfax) has pretty much stated that they don't believe it is,
and the situation is far from clear cut legally. See this story:
http://www.listener.co.nz/default,4797.sm

Regards,
Steve